In Ithaca College’s residential pre-college summer program, high school students experience college life and college-level courses while living in a safe environment.
Cornell University Summer College
We offer precollege programs for talented high school students. Experience the excitement of college life, take college courses with renowned faculty, and enjoy an “unforgettable, life-changing summer.”
Cambridge Immerse is a unique two-week residential educational experience that allows participants to gain an unrivalled insight into a chosen discipline, ranging from the arts to the sciences. Subjects offered include Computer Science, Medicine, Law, Economics, History and Engineering and many more. The academic programme is designed and taught by tutors from Oxford and Cambridge University in an optimal learning environment that stimulates academic enquiry. And the carefully planned schedule ensures that the programme not only meets the academic needs of the participants, but also provides a unique insight into the university city through an abundance of activities.
Students reside in Queen’s College or Christ’s College, prestigious and central colleges of Cambridge university. Within their historic walls, we pride ourselves on providing unique experiences of leadership and academic excellence through a programme for participants that instills the confidence and passion for learning that are essential to success in higher education.
Enrolment in the program is ongoing, and students aged 15 and above are welcome to apply at www.cambridgeimmerse.com. A PDF version of our prospectus is also available to view at https://www.cambridgeimmerse.com/Prospectus2017.pdf. If you require further information please don’t hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Boston University is offering pre-college programs for H.S. students (Freshmen – Seniors), each providing rigorous and collaborative college life experiences that will enable students to gain a strong sense of their personal and academic potential.
Here is a brief overview of the programs:
High School Honors is a six-week residential, commuter, or online program in which students take Boston University undergraduate courses and earn up to eight transferable college credits. Students must be entering their junior or senior year of high school in fall 2017.
Academic Immersion (AIM) is a three-week non-credit residential program for students to focus intensively on a single academic topic while enjoying and experiencing life on a college campus. This summer we are offering two AIM tracks: Introduction to Experimental Psychology and Introduction to Medicine. Both tracks combine classroom work in the sciences with experiential learning activities. Students must be entering their junior or senior year of high school in fall 2017.
Summer Challenge is a two-week residential program in which students take two non-credit seminars of their choice and experience life on a college campus. Students must be entering their sophomore, junior, or senior year of high school in fall 2017.
Summer Preview is a one-week non-credit commuter or residential program in which students explore one subject of interest while previewing the college experience. Students must be entering their freshman or sophomore year of high school in fall 2017.
Applications are now live for the 2017 Summer Term High Schools Programs at Boston University. Please see website.
I am pleased to announce that Sciences Po is now accepting applications for its 2017 Summer School. This intensive programme, featuring courses in both the social sciences and French language, is an excellent opportunity for students from our partner universities to discover Sciences Po over the course of the summer on our Paris campus.
- June session: 3-30 June 2017
- July session: 1- 28 July 2017
Academic programme: The Summer School offers two academic tracks, in social sciences and French language. Both tracks are available in each session of the Summer School.
- In the social sciences track, students select one core class for intensive study over the course of 36 contact hours, on topics ranging from economics, to political science, or interdisciplinary studies of contemporary issues (Human Rights, Migrations, Sustainable Development, etc.). Classes are led by Sciences Po professors and researchers and are taught in either English or French. Successful completion of a course awards students 4 ECTS credits. Syllabi for these classes are available on the website.
- In the French language track, participants are placed at one of six levels adapted to their knowledge of the language (from total beginners to advanced). Over the course of 65 contact hours, students take a variety of courses intended to improve their knowledge of French, including intensive language study, oral and written expression workshops. Successful completion of a course awards students 5 ECTS credits.
- All students have the possibility to choose additional elective courses to complete 24 hours of additional study on a variety of topics (statistical methods, French history, French literature, French language, and more). Successful completion of an elective class awards students 2 ECTS credits.
Outside of class: The University Programme takes place on our Paris campus, in the heart of the Saint Germain-des-Prés neighborhood. Our programme features a variety of extracurricular activities (conferences with guest speakers, guided visits to Parisian museums and monuments, weekend trips, etc.) over the course of the summer. Students may live in apartments or dorms with other programme participants, or choose to find their own housing if they so desire.
Applying: The Summer School is open to students from across the world. The eligibility criteria and application procedure are detailed on the Summer School website. Candidates must apply through the Sciences Po online application system.
A distinctive summer educational experience just minutes from the most exciting city in the world, Stevens Pre-College allows high school students to participate in hands-on, project-based learning; experience campus life; visit leading companies; and make their college applications stand out.
Students will also have the opportunity to discover New York City in and out of the classroom, learn from industry professionals, and gain applied experience in their field of interest. Learn more about Stevens Institute of Technology’s Pre-College program offerings here. February 15th is our priority deadline for students to apply to our programs. I personally invite you to encourage your students to apply.
For more information, here is the Stevens Pre-College Flyer and please visit stevens.edu/summer to learn more. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call our office at (201) 216-3683 or email email@example.com.
Greetings from the University of Notre Dame!
The University of Notre Dame offers four exciting summer programs for high school students looking for a taste of college life. Whether at home or abroad, students immerse themselves in the Notre Dame experience and leave with a greater understanding of themselves and the world around them.
Some highlights of our programs include:
– Living in residence halls and eating in the dining hall
– Studying under esteemed Notre Dame faculty
– Engaging in community service, such as serving a meal to the homeless
– Participating in numerous social activities, like a talent show and trivia night
– Exploring the history and culture of Rome or Ireland with our study abroad programs
– Connecting with diverse students from around the globe
For more information about our four summer programs, check out precollege.nd.edu.
Top Tier University Prep is a program geared toward international students interested in learning about first rate American universities and the competitive admissions process. This summer we are touring California universities over a 10-day excursion. For 20 years, we have been actively involved in helping students and families investigate, prepare, apply and enter top American universities. We limit our enrollment to 25 students, to provide an individual experience.
Families can visit our website for detailed information. www.toptieruniversityprep.com
Summer Discovery partners with 16 universities and offers 300+ course options! Pre-College Programs are offered at the following Colleges and Universities. Click on each school to view their options. Also listed below are a few highlighted course options.
- UCLA Business
- UC Santa Barbara
- U Texas Austin
- U Michigan
- U Michigan & UCLA
- Penn State
- Georgetown U
- Johns Hopkins
- UPenn Law
- Pace NYC
- Emerson Boston
Below are some examples for aspiring business students and future leaders to check out:
- The Business of Entertainment, Media, and Sports Institute @ UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Digital Marketing and Social Media Institute @ UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Sports Business Institute @ UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Technology Business Innovation Institute @ UCLA Anderson School of Management
- Global Entrepreneurship Institute @ University of Texas at Austin
- World of Business @ University of Colorado Boulder
- Business & Entrepreneurship Institute @ University of Michigan
- Global Leadership & Social Change @ University of Michigan
- Business & Entrepreneurship Institute @ Penn State University
- Business & Entrepreneurship Academy @ Georgetown University
- Business & Marketing Institute @ Pace NYC
- Marketing & Advertising Institute @ Emerson College Boston
- International Business Institute @ INTO City University of London
- Internships in Business, Finance, and Marketing @ NYC, Boston, and London
Did you know about these amazing summer opportunities?
- Engineering Innovation @ Johns Hopkins University
- 4 & 6 week Enrichment Program @ UC Santa Barbara
- 2 & 3 week Enrichment Program @ Penn State University
- Sports Medicine Institute @ University of Texas at Austin
- Cooking and Baking at Legendary Zingerman’s® @ University of Michigan
- Law Academies @ Georgetown University
- STEM Academies @ University of Colorado Boulder
- English Language Institute @ Emerson College Boston
- Acting & Auditioning for Film, TV, & Stage @ Pace NYC
- Internships in 25+ career fields @ NYC, Boston, and London
TS College Tours was established to serve international school students who plan to attend university in the US and the UK. Unlike other college tour companies, at TS College Tours we focus on the specific and exclusive needs of international students. Our counselors all have extensive experience in international schools, and they know how confusing it can be to apply to a university where one hasn’t grown up. We have the expertise to help students determine what are their “best fit” colleges, to find out and meet and special requirements, and to help them present their unique backgrounds as stand-out assets when they apply.
The College Pathway Program in Economics invites talented rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors to participate in a three-week program on the University of Chicago campus in which participants will explore key concepts and recent advances in the field of economics. The University of Chicago has long been a leader in the study of Economics — 28 Nobel Prizes in Economic Sciences have been awarded to University of Chicago faculty, alumni, or researchers, and there are currently five Nobel Laureates on the faculty — making it the ideal institution for an introductory overview to the field.
Participants may apply to one of two College Pathway sessions. Programming and content is identical for each session. Admitted students are enrolled in just one session.
- Session I: Sunday, June 25th (move-in and orientation) to July 14th (check out by 9am)
- Session II: Sunday, July 16th (move-in and orientation) to August 4th (check out by 9am)
College Pathways consists of four academic components:
- Lectures in macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial literacy, and field experiments delivered by UChicago faculty in the Department of Economics.
- Bi-weekly guest lectures delivered by preeminent UChicago faculty in the Division of Social Sciences.
- Tailored tutorials and small group discussion sections delivered by a team of outstanding current UChicago students.
- An Admissions Academy to prepare students for the U.S. college application and school selection processes led by the Office of College Admissions.